So, what's going on? Well, for those who don't know I have been working night shift at Ford for 3 months and now I am going back to days. Yeah!!! I can actually sleep at night like a normal person now!! My body never really got used to nights. And the best part is I work 4 12 hour production shifts, so I get Fridays off!
The only other thing I have been doing with my life lately is coaching softball. It has been a long and winding road this season. From starting the season ranked #6 in the state to losing to one of the worst teams in the city to beating the #1 team in the state, it has been a roller-coaster. The girls can beat anyone if they show up to play. Lately they've decided to do that. They decided that they aren't ready for their season to end. On Friday we won the regional championship, which puts us in the state tournament with the top 16 teams in the state. The tournament is a double elimination, 2 day tournament here in Louisville this weekend so wish us luck. Anything can happen at the state tournament!
Personally, I have struggled a little recently. Trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do with my life, trying to keep the strength and hope that I need to deal with the abrasive culture at work and wanting to do so many things but trying to figure out what I should do first. The key is (I've been reminded) to simply seek Him. There are so many things I look for, so many ways in which we tried to feel fulfilled and at peace. And yet none of that matters if I do not know Him and don't walk with Him. He is the only source of the peace that I look for. And yet it's so easy to forget or to try to solve all the problems we see, thinking that will bring the elusive peace. Nothing is worth doing if I have not first come to know Him. The biggest relief in my life right now is not having to go to work Sunday nights. It may seem trivial to go in at 11 PM on a Sunday, but it tainted the day. It made me think about going to work and less focused on dedicating the day to Him. It has been so nice to have today all for Him! Of course the question is have I done enough to show that?
I know I'll be able to see the way eventually. But until then, if you see me stuck in the mud just come on over and help:)
Here's some pictures from softball:


No comments:
Post a Comment